Join our team - Jobs
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: Antigua, Guatemala with frequent trips to WJI’s Patzún office
ASSIGNMENT LENGTH: Indefinite
START DATE: Immediate
About the Women’s Justice Initiative (WJI): WJI improves the lives of indigenous Guatemalan women and girls through education, access to legal services, and gender-based violence prevention. WJI works in rural communities where women face extreme poverty, high rates of gender inequality and violence against women and girls (VAWG), and have little or no access to resources. WJI increases access to justice for Maya women and girls and combats VAWG by providing free legal services, bilingual legal education, and leadership training in 32 communities in the municipalities of Patzún and Tecpán, Chimaltenango through its four programs: Women’s Rights Education, Legal Services, Community Advocates, and Adolescent Girls.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead all technical activities related to the monitoring and evaluation strategies for the Women’s Justice Initiative (WJI), both internally and with partner organizations and communities. He/she will work closely with the Programs Director, Legal Director, and Executive Director, and field staff to monitor all technical aspects of WJI’s programs at the community level. He/she will lead the design, validation, and implementation of WJI’s monitoring and evaluations strategy and will train and lead field staff in conducting M&E activities. He/she will conduct and coordinator evaluations related to ongoing and future projects and programs. He/she will also assist with research activities, report writing, and development of proposals. He/she will represent WJI in M&E and programmatic meetings when necessary.
• Lead and supervise M&E activities across programs.
• Design, organize and coordinate a fieldwork strategy to collect the information needed for quantitative and qualitative evaluation of the program: community mapping, collection of basic socio-demographic data, validation and implementation of program baseline and end line surveys (women, girls, partners and community leaders in participating communities).
• Train local field staff to implement M&E activities (data collection, digitization of information, managing and analyzing data and creating reports).
• Design and coordinate field interviews with participants and beneficiaries of WJI’s programs.
• Contribute in the preparation of project proposals leading the design of M&E strategies.
• Supervise and coordinate the design of the monitoring and evaluation system (including databases, user manual and performance indicators).
• Design and adapt databases to capture information collected in the field.
• Document and publish program/research results.
• Lead and/or support in project reports.
• Advanced degree in social sciences or related field.
• Experience in designing monitoring systems, evaluation protocols, tools, and instruments.
• Practical experience coordinating fieldwork activities in social development projects.
• Skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis of data.
• Experience leading and organizing training of trainers workshops in diverse and multilingual settings.
• Experience in managing social development projects, including elaboration of budgets, relationships with donors, and reporting skills.
• Fully bilingual (Spanish-English).
• Excellent writing skills.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume in English to the attention of:
Women’s Justice Initiative